Irshalgad is situated in the Karjat Region. Other forts in this region include Prabalgad, Kalawantin and Malanggad. Actually Irshal is not a fort but it’s a pinnacle. Shivaji Maharaj captured the complete region of Kalyan and Bhiwandi, up to Rairi in May 1666.This fort too, must have come under the Maratha rule at that time.
Trek: Irshal Gad.
Type: Hill Fort
Height: 3700 Feet above MSL (Approx)
Base Village: Irshalwadi.
Irshal is the next-door neighbour to Prabalgad. As mentioned above, Irshal is a pinnacle. There is a water tank on the route from the Irshal plateau to the peak. From there, we reach the needle hole near the top through a simple rock-climbing route. Proceeding little ahead, we see a water tank to the left and a cave to the right.
This water is suitable for drinking. The route, which climbs up from near the needle hole goes to the top of the pinnacle. To reach the top of the pinnacle, it is essential to have rock climbing equipment .
From the top we can see the forts of Prabalgad, Matheran, Chanderi, Malanggad, Karnala and Manikgad.
Irshalgad Top Climb Pictures: Irshal Climbing
What is included in the tour
- Travelling from Pvt vehicle from Karjat to Karjat
Stay & Facility:
- Will have rest open air
- Carry Own Bedding like Mat & Shawl or Sleeping Bag
- Sun Breakfast : Bread-Jam/Butter or Thepla and Tea
- Afternoon Refreshment: Chaas.
- Sun Lunch : Locally made Veg food only.
- Climbing & Rappelling Safety Equipment’s
- Expertise Charges.
What is NOT included in the tour
- Any other charges not specifically mentioned in “Inclusions”.
- Packaged Water,Meal/cold drink, Extra food (Private Orders),
- Personal Expenditure of any kind,
- Toilet Facility.
- Any kind of INSURANCE Coverage,Medical hospitalization, evacuation and related expenses.
◆ Irshal is not a fort but it’s a pinnacle which was captured by King of Maratha in may 1666
◆ 'Nedhe' or 'Eye of the Needle'. Natural hole in the mountain top probably caused by wind erosion.
◆ Rock cut water cisterns
◆ Rock climbing patches to reach top
◆ Natural scenic beauty of surrounding area
◆ Mesmerizing view of Morbe Dam
◆ Neighbouring forts like Prabalgad, Matheran, Chanderi, Malanggad, Karnala and Manikgad... can seen from the top
Meeting Point: Karjat Station by 12.01 am
Trek Schedule: Train Time: CST- Khopoli Fast Local (KP)
CST: 09.58 pm | Dadar: 10.11 pm | Ghatkopar: 10.23 pm | Bhandup: 10.31 pm
Thane: 10.39 pm | Kalyan: 11.02 pm | Badlapur: 11.19 pm | Karjat: 11.53 pm
12.10 am: Move towards Base Village of Irshal Gad by Local Transport tum tum / bus.
12.50 am: Introduction Round, Instructions with allotment of climbing equipment.
01.10 am: Start the Trek.
02.30 am: Rest at Irshal wadi machi and have rest open air
04.45 am: Wake up call and get ready
05.00 am: Move towards Nedhe
06.00 am: Reach to Nedhe
06.20 am: Breakfast, climbing preparation & Start climbing for irshal summit.
09.00 am: Reach Summit
10:30 am: Descend towards Machi.
12.10 pm: Reach at irshalwadi for lunch and rest.
03.00 pm: Return journey towards Karjat
06.30 pm: Karjat station
It’s totally self-responsibility to take care of things.
- Please carry a small bag 10-20 ltr capacity which we use while climbing to carry food/snacks & water only.
- ID proof, min 3-4 ltr water must, Torch with extra batteries.
- Please wear for trek good trekking shoes and climbing shoe/ Bata Canvas / Bata Fitness shoe for climbing only.
- Full sleeve shirt/T-shirt & Full Pant, Cap, Carry some extra cloths.
- Bedding like mat-shawl or sleeping bag.
- Cap, Sunglasses, Bhandana or Stole, Woolen Jacket, Camera, mosquitoes repellent, Electoral / Energy powder, 2 Lemon etc as per your comfort.
- Avoid wearing Gold and other jewelry.
If you have any medical issue please carry your own medicine as we carry only First aid.
Before registration please check: VRangers Rules & Regulation
Get registered with VRangers so you will get benefit on the event cost so please CLICK HERE and update your details.
For Reg. & more details, contact our "Rangers”.
Sudhir: - 91675 46547
Ananda:- 98922 19155